Academic Year and Assessment
Academic Year begins in the month of April and ends in the month of March. During this period, teaching –learning process goes on leading to the overall development of child. The child is then evaluated through various activities and examinations on regular basis.
Rules for Assessment
- 1. Attendance is compulsory for all the assessments held during the year, failing which students will be given zero marks.
- 2. Consideration will be only on genuine medical grounds that too at the sole direction of the principal after the parents submit an application with Xerox copy of all relevant medical documents on the day of exam at school office.
- 3. A minimum attendance record of 90% of total number of working days in each term / unit is compulsory. In the eventuality a student misses classes due to health reasons the school will have the sole discretion in deciding waiver, if any. But even on medical grounds absence beyond 20% of working days will not be accepted.
- 4. There is no provision for reassessing students, who remain absent on the day of assessment, or those who have failed in one or more subjects.
- 5. Request for change in assessment dates or timing will not be entertained.
- 6. Student reporting late for assessment will not be given any extra time for answering the question papers.
- 7. Any student found using unfair means during any of the assessment will be given zero marks in the subject. Parents and the concerned student will be summoned and asked to provide an explanation. A repeat of such action in future will result in the prompt issuance of a transfer certificate without notice.
- 8. The answer scripts of each assessment will be distributed to students after evaluation within 10 days of the exams.
- 9. Errors in evaluation, such as mistakes in totalling, unmarked answers, etc must be brought to the notice of the concerned teacher on the same day itself. Delaying this for even one day may result in ignoring the same while preparing the final result.
- 10. Parents are free to see the answer sheets, except for final papers on PTM days